2016年7月14日木曜日

Reading ESL


Missed my Train!  (simple past, third conditional)

I only missed the train by a few minutes. I was annoyed. If I had walked a bit faster, I might have made my train.  If I had left a few minutes earlier, I might have been on time.

Because I missed my train, I had to wait for the next one.  I had to wait for an hour and a half.

I bought a cup of coffee and a newspaper.  I found a chair to sit on.  I drank my coffee and read the newspaper while I waited for the next train.

It was very frustrating.


annoyed-いらいらした




An Evening Out  (simple past, past continuous)

Last night I went to Nathan Phillips Square at City Hall in Toronto.   It was a beautiful summer evening, It was warm and sunny.  Lots of people were there because of the Pan Am games celebrations.  I stood and watched the crowd.

Many people were sitting by the water,  Some people were talking with friends or family.  Lots of people were taking pictures.

A band was plying music on the stage.  People were standing by the stage.  They were listening to the music.  Others were watching the performance on large video screens.

Everyone was enjoying the summer evening.




Sick on Saturday  (simple past)

I have just had a terrible weekend! On Saturday I was so tired that I slept all morning.  When I woke up I had a head ache and my throat was sore.  My body ached all over.  My nose ran and I coughed a lot.  My mother took my temperature but I did not have a fever.

My mother made me some soup for lunch and I ate it in bed.  I drank some juice.  I tried to read a book but I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I lay in bed all afternoon.  I drifted in and out of sleep.  I drank more juice.  I felt miserable all afternoon.  I didn't want to do anything.

I got out of bed at dinner time.  My parents ordered pizza for dinner and I was able to eat some of it.  I drank more juice! I felt a bit better after dinner so I stayed up.  I snuggled under a blanket on the couch and watched some TV with my parents. I fell asleep in front of the TV.

The next morning I felt better but now my mother had a cold! She looked miserable.  It was her turn to be sick.










0 件のコメント: