2016年6月20日月曜日

Conjunctions 接続詞


Coordinating Conjunctions

1. And - means " in addition to "
 * We are going a zoo and an aquarium on the same day.

2. But - connects two different things that are not in agreement.;
 * I am a night owl, but she is an early bird.

3. Or - indicates a choice between two things;
 * Do you want a red one or a blue one?

4. So - illustrates a result of the first thing;
 * This song has been very popular, so I downloaded it;

5. For - means "because";
 * I want to go there again, for it was a wonderful trip.

6. Yet - indicates contrast with something;
 * He performed very well, yet he didn't make the final cut.

Correlative Conjunctions

1. Both/and
 * She won gold medals from both the single and group races.
 * Both TV and television are correct words.

2. Either/or
 * I am fine with either Monday or Wednesday.
 * You can have either apples or pears.

3. Neither/nor
 * He enjoys neither drinking nor gambling.
 * Neither you nor I will get off early today.

4. Not only/but also
 * Not only red but also green looks good on you.
 * She got the perfect score in not only English but also math.


=Both my friend and I are taking the geography class.
=Do you want to go swimming or golfing?
=I studied grammar for a long time, but I still make mistakes.
=Either wood or bricks can be used as homebuilding materials.
=I wasn't feeling well this morning, but (or yet) I had to go to work.

















0 件のコメント: